Homemade Nutella: Sugar-Free, All-Natural and Healthy!
Adapted from: Chocolate-Covered Katie
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2-4 Stevia packets (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Roast hazelnuts on a baking sheet for approximately 10 minutes, or until you set the smoke alarm off.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, rub skins off the hazelnuts. I did this with a paper towel, but a regular towel would work just as well I would think. Don’t worry if a few bits of skin remain on the nuts.
- Transfer nuts to a food processor. Process until crumbly and beginning to clump. Once the nuts are well blended, add all other ingredients. Process until smooth. I only processed mine for about 1-2 minutes, so mine has a chunky consistency.
- Transfer to a Mason jar and keep refrigerated.
Note: Don’t be concerned that if comes out slightly runny. The spread thickens with refrigeration just like any other natural nut butter.